Different types of Liposuction Surgeries What are the different types...Read More
Face Liposuction: A Closer Look at the Procedure and Process
Face liposuction, or cheek liposuction, has become a general cosmetic procedure for people who need a more contoured and refined facial appearance.
The purpose, procedure, and comparison with other aesthetic enhancement operations, including facelifts and buccal fat removal, are all covered in detail in this exhaustive article on face liposuction. By being aware of the variations of the surgery, people can choose whether the process is a good fit for their specific purposes.
What is Face Liposuction?
Face liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that can be done to get rid of facial fat deposits. It can also be referred to as facial sculpting or contouring. During the surgery, a plastic surgeon removes excess fat from the cheekbones, chin, and jawline.
How Does Face Liposuction Work?
Face liposuction contains various essential steps that help the procedure succeed in sculpting a more defined facial contour, including:
- Consultation and planning: Patients consult an experienced plastic surgeon before treatment to discuss their expectations and goals. To choose the best procedure for the treatment, the surgeon will assess the patient’s facial features and consult with the patient.
- Anesthesia: Local anesthesia and sedation are used during facial liposuction to ensure patient comfort.
- Incision: A tiny incision is performed carefully close to the target location to reduce visible scars.
- Fat removal: A thin cannula (a hollow tube) is inserted through the incision. The surgeon carefully shapes the face and gives it a more refined appearance by removing extra fat deposits with the cannula.
- Closing Incision: After removing the required amount of fat, the incisions are stitched close.
- Recovery and outcome: Patients may have swelling, bruising, and slight discomfort after the procedure. Over time, these adverse effects will disappear as the body heals. As the swelling goes down over the subsequent weeks, the complete impact of the treatment will become clear.
How Much Does Face Liposuction Cost?
This procedure cost varies based on several variables, including the location of the hospital, the surgeon’s experience, the complexity of the operation, facility charges, anesthesia costs, and postoperative care.
In India, cheek liposuction generally costs from ₹30,000 to ₹1,50,000 or even more. The price is only an approximate estimate, and people should consult a plastic surgeon with board certification for a cost analysis tailored to their particular requirements and goals..
Face Liposuction vs Buccal Fat Removal: What's the Difference?
Both buccal fat removal and facial liposuction fall under the category of face augmentation operations; however, they improve certain facial aesthetic features in different ways:
- Facial liposuction: This surgical technique removes excess fat from the face, neck, and other areas. It is most suitable for people with little, specific fat deposits that restrict the definition of their facial shape.
- Buccal Fat Removal: This method focuses mainly on the buccal fat pads in the cheeks. To emphasize the angularity and structure of the face, this surgery aims to reduce the size of these fat pads.
It’s crucial for those considering these treatments to have a comprehensive discussion with a certified plastic surgeon. These professionals can provide valuable insights and recommend the most suitable procedure based on the individual’s unique facial architecture and objectives.
Face liposuction has emerged as a top option for those looking for improved face features due to its simple method and potential for significant alterations. As with cosmetic procedures, people considering facial liposuction must research, speak with a board-certified plastic surgeon, and balance the benefits against the price and recovery time. Individuals can make choices that align with their objectives and expectations by following this process and working under the direction of a skilled surgeon.
Our Plastic Surgeon:
Dr. Margam Swathi
MBBS, DNB, Mch, Plastic Surgery (NIMS)
Consultant plastic, cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgeon
Facial liposuction can help you get a more defined and sculpted facial appearance. Mainly, those who struggle with unwanted fat deposits in specific face regions and who desire to appear more carved might find this surgery especially helpful.
By removing extra fat deposits from the face, facial liposuction can help give a slimmer face appearance. It’s important to remember, though, that the ultimate results might not be immediately visible because of postoperative swelling. Patients typically feel a continued improvement in their facial shape as the swelling decreases weeks after the treatment.
Facelifts and facial liposuction serve different purposes and address various aspects of facial aging:
- Face liposuction: This technique primarily targets removing extra fat deposits in specified facial regions to produce a more contoured appearance. It is suitable for people with good skin elasticity and few wrinkles.
- Facelift: Deep wrinkles, drooping skin, and loose muscles are the main issues with a facelift. This more complex technique has the potential to have a remarkable rejuvenating effect.
The choice between a facelift and facial liposuction depends on the patient’s needs and objectives. A surgeon with board-certified plastic surgery can give customers the guidance they need to make a well-informed decision.